Saturday, July 19, 2008

Not doing it.

I just found out on Thursday that it will cost me $700 for an iPhone, including my special deal I get through work. I will also have to opt out of my current contract 2.7 years early. I am not happy about this. I spent $100 on a phone I thought would be alright, but it has this way of randomly deleting ring tones I've saved to it, including the free Star Wars one that Rogers texted me about 2 weeks ago. I want to get a Blackberry, because text messaging seems to be much faster, and I'm not very good at T9. However without a new 3 year contract, I'm looking at about $400.

As well, I'm very sad to say that my awesome Samsung 27" TV that I bought for $555 at Visions in Saskatoon, the Tv that moved with me is about to bite the dust. Moves:

From Saskatoon to Kelowna.
From Kelowna to Chilliwack.
From Chilliwack to Kelowna.
From Kelowna to Kamloops.
From Kamloops to Kelowna.

Plus 13 other moves in there from house to house on all those towns. That thing has been more than excellent.

It started about a month ago when I noticed that there was a weird green tinge on the screen in the upper left hand corner. We were playing Wii at the time, so I thought maybe the burned version of the game was faulty. Though, I don't see how that's possible. Anyway, about a week later my sister and I were watching TV, and I saw it again.

Then last night I bought a PACE PVR from work, and noticed that the picture is shaking. And the volume control doesn't really work. If I try to turn the volume down, I get all the way to the very last block before it's about to have no sound, and the volume level is the same. The last one down renders it almost completely quiet, but not completely quiet as it should be. I give it about a month, and it will die. Dammit. I've had a lot of good times with that TV. It's been on the bus, and been in about 12 different cars, plus one moving truck. I'll miss it when it's gone.

No comments: